February 14, 2015
The same recipe below will also make this heart shape Valentine Coconut Cake.
We used a small amount of beet juice and foam from the juicer to create this color. The used a heart shaped tray to make this contour. Happy Valentine day!
Raw Coconut Cake
Created by Jackie Graff
Sprout Raw Food
2 teaspoons vanilla powder or flavoring
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup raw raw honey
5 cups coconut, freshly chopped in food processor (reserving 1 cup to top cake)
3 cups almonds soaked for 12 hours, drained, and dehydrated for 12 hours
1. Place coconut meat in food processor and process until finely chopped.
2. Add vanilla powder and salt to the coconut mixture and process.
3. Add raw honey and process until mixed well and place in a bowl.
4. Process almonds to flour and add to mixture, mixing well, by hand.
5. Press mixture into an 8-10 inch plastic lined cake pan and turn over on a serving plate.
6. Top with ¼ inch of frosting and some of the chopped coconut.
7. Generously spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake and cover with rest of dry coconut.
½ cup raw honey
½ vanilla bean
1 cup young coconut water
3 cups young coconut meat
¼ cup coconut butter
1 tablespoon psyllium
1 cup fresh dry coconut meat, chopped fine
1. Place the coconut meat, raw honey, salt, vanilla bean, and young coconut water into a blender and process until smooth.
2. Add psyllium blending well and stir in dry coconut meat.
3. Refrigerate the mixture for 10 minutes to thicken.
4. Generously spread frosting over cake and cover with finely chopped dry coconut meat. This dry coconut meat can be colored green with algae, pink with beet, yellow with turmeric.
Note: with different shapes using food as coloring, it can be a birthday, and other holiday cakes. See our various education programs
For a Fourth of July "Flag Cake".
Make the same coconut cake recipes. Use Blueberries for stars, and strawberries for stripes. God Bless America!